Peter Kirk Representative
The Director of Advocacy for Peter Kirk represents our school at various legislative events throughout the year. These events include Legislative Assembly in the Fall and Focus Day in the winter, when the Washington State PTA shows up in Olympia, while the legislature is in session, and advocates for policies that improve the education and well-being of kids. If you have any questions about advocacy in the PTA, or would like to get involved, please contact email@example.com.
Washington State PTA
For over 100 years, PTA members have been a powerful voice for kids. At the national level, PTA has a proud history of advocating for kindergarten classes, school lunches, child labor laws, and more. They knew then what is still true today: since kids can’t vote, they need strong advocates who will champion their interests in the halls of government.
Here in Washington, PTA advocates gather together in the fall for Legislative Assembly to get informed on the issues, discuss and debate them, and vote on a legislative agenda.
Top 5 Legislative Priorities for 2020
- Social Emotional Learning
- School Construction and Simple Majority for Bonds
- Prevent Gun Violence
- Strategies to Address the Teacher Shortage
- Strategic K-12 Investments to Close Gaps
For more information, visit WSPTA Advocacy.
Legislative Assembly is held in the fall. Representatives meet from all over the state to network, learn about the issues, and set Washington State PTA's legislative platform and top priorities.
Focus Day happens in the winter. Members from around the state gather in Olympia during the legislative session to meet with their legislators and advocate for the Washington State PTA's legislative platform.
How to Take Action
- Join the WSPTA Action Network Group – Sign up to receive timely information and action alerts during the Washington State Legislative sessions.
- WSPTA Legislative Assembly – Attend this annual fall event to learn about the issues, how you can take action and network with other PTA leaders.
- WSPTA Focus Day – During each year’s legislative session, Washington State PTA holds an annual Focus Day to bring members together at the state capitol to advocate for the association’s legislative platform.
- Find State Legislators – Look up your Washington State Legislators and share what is important to you.
At the national level, the PTA works with Federal public policies, legislation and stands with us to support our children. Find out more about these important issues and how you can help by clicking the links below.
PTA Advocacy Contacts
Peter Kirk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lake Washington PTSA: email@example.com
Washington State PTA: firstname.lastname@example.org
National PTA: email@example.com
Kirkland, WA 98033
- Wednesday, April 1
- Thursday, April 2
- Friday, April 3
- Monday, April 6
- Tuesday, April 7
- Wednesday, April 8
- Thursday, April 9