Peter Kirk PTSA 2023-2024
2023-2024 Mission and Goals
Mission: The Peter Kirk Elementary PTSA creates and supports partnerships, programs and events that align with and support the teachers and staff at Peter Kirk while enriching the educational experience, community, and overall well-being of students, teachers and parents.
Vision: Make every child’s potential a reality while celebrating the diversity of and promoting
inclusivity in our community.
Peter Kirk Elementary PTSA social media Policy
- President will review all communications before distributing with the exception of social media
- VP Communications will lead presentation, display, and posting of social media items
- All posts will adhere to Peter Kirk Elementary and LWSD rules and regulations for posting to social media sites.
- VP of Communications will use sound judgement in all posts and respond to all inquiries or replies in alignment with the PTSA Mission & Goals as well as the PTSA Standing Rules.
- The purpose of social media posts is to amplify the voice of the PTSA within the school to advocate for students and teachers and inform parents.
- Social media posts can include but are not limited to:
- Increasing STEM/STEAM opportunities provided by the school and/or the PTSA
- Notifying the PTSA and Peter Kirk community of teacher grants that have been written and approved by the PTSA
- Communicating the value of the PTSA, the benefits of membership, and the programs funded by the PTSA
Peter Kirk Elementary PTSA money handling Policy
Money Handling Policy:
- Funds collected from PTSA Events must be submitted to the Treasurer daily for deposit.
- Deposits must include the money tally sheet filled out and signed by two PTSA members, with all collected cash and checks.
- Do not pay for event expenses with cash you have received. This includes reimbursements of seed money.
- Only PTSA members may handle PTSA funds.
- Only those with banking signing authority can handle funds outside of an event. It is the Treasurer’s responsibility to count all money and deposit it in the bank.
Kirkland, WA 98033
LWSD Students/Family Information
- Monday, October 2
- Wednesday, October 4
- Thursday, October 5
- Saturday, October 14
- Monday, October 16